You can impact your friends, schools and community to help END DATING VIOLENCE. If you have a friend who is in an unhealthy or abusive relationship, please take the following steps:
- Don’t ignore the signs – talk to your friend.
- Express your concerns, but don’t judge.
- Encourage your friend to talk to a trusted adult – a parent, faith leader, teacher, or counselor.
- Call the police if you witness an assault.
- Create a safety plan with your friend and for yourself – who to call, where to go, what to do to stay safe.
- Call us for advice or encourage your friend to call – 1.800.291.2139.
- Check out our resources page for more info.